The Caprice is a competition level free flight glider kit that offers outstanding performance and stability. It flies so well that it requires your choice of dethermaliser system to prevent it flying away! The Caprice makes a great choice for an RC or timer dethermaliser, the size also lends itself to a full RC conversion for the more adventurous builders among us. The large 51" wingspan offers stunning performance and a very rewarding long duration flights. The polyhedral wing offers great stability and the highly efficient aerofoil provides excellent lift. The fuselage is constructed from simple flat balsa sides and the tailplane looks beautiful thanks to the geodetic rib format.
• Laser cut parts
• Re-drawn and re-engineered using CAD
• Lightweight Geodetic Tailplane Structure
• Large Wing Area for a Light Wing Loading
• Hook for tow launch position
• White tissue supplied as a blank canvas for a design of your choice
About Keil Kraft
Started in the late 1940s, the Keil Kraft brand quickly became one of the most iconic names in model manufacturing introducing a whole generation into the hobby of model making. Keil Kraft was relaunched in 2018 with each design carefully re-drawn in CAD with laser cut components for a quick build and a precision fit.
Supplied in the Box
• Laser cut balsa components
• Wire, sheet & strip balsa wood
• Plain covering tissue
• Full size printed plan & instructions
Required to Complete
Keil Kraft models are traditional hobby products and are supplied in kit format. To complete the model as shown on the box then you will need to purchase further items such as tools and materials. Here is an example list, but please contact your local model shop for advice and guidance.
• A sharp knife and various hand tools
• Various grades of sand paper
• Clear film to protect the plan
• Pack of modelling pins
• Balsa cement, white glue or cyano ‘super glue’
• Model covering dope and thinners
• Decoration (paint or coloured tissue)
• Wing & tail mounting bands
• Cotton thread
Only Suitable For Ages 14+
To complete the model as illustrated you will need to purchase further items such as tools and materials. Skill & patience are required. Choking Hazard - Contains small parts, keep out of reach of children.
Type: Traditional Build Kit
Wingspan: 1295mm (51”)
Length: 905mm (35.6”)
Weight: 190g (6.7oz) Approx